At Cal Reiet we are looking for vegetarian culinary professionals with a background in diversified ethnic cooking. Our menu can contain a wide variety of ingredients and also authentic vegan recipes from The Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Indian, and African cuisines. Needless to say, the result of our culinary exercise is a feast of aromas, colors, textures, and tastes from around the world – healthy, flavorful, colorful, and tasty. What’s even better, it is done without boredom and cruelty.
At Cal Reiet our vegetarian culinary team cook from scratch using fresh and unprocessed ingredients.
Our culinary team members need to have a very good understanding of vegetables – the texture, the nutritional benefits, the availability, the palatable compatibility, etc. They should be willing to experiment with and at the same time understand and adopt ethnic vegetarian recipes. Their job demands that they always be on the search for new and exciting authentic recipes with a foundation of culinary techniques to support our ever-evolving gastronomic journey.
We offer – 10 months contract from End of January / Beginning of February 2020 onwards
Contract as per labor law with competitive salary
40 hours week – 8 hours per day/ 2 days off
Free meals on duty
Free yoga classes
The Sous Chef de Cuisine, under the leadership of the Chef de Cuisine, is responsible for the control and coordination of all the activities of the kitchen business and the second contact for the management and the kitchen brigade with any questions about the kitchen operation. The full support of the chef de cuisine in maintaining and developing the given culinary concept Cal Reiet according to the Kitchen Guidelines. He /She assumes the leadership responsibilities of the kitchen brigade in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine:
– culinary creativity
– Compliance and control of hygiene requirements
– Monitor apprentice training
– Monitoring the food distribution (for guests and staff)
– purchase and storage of products
– Monitor the SOP’s
– Professional guiding, coaching and caring for the kitchen brigade
– Completed vocational training for cooking and further education
– At least 3 years Chef de Partie + 1 to 2 years of experience in a kitchens management position (Sous Chef, Jr. Sous Chef) in a four or five star hotel or a qualitatively similar kitchen business. Or, if necessary, 5 years experience as Chef de Partie in a high-quality kitchen operation.
– Experiences in spa / organic kitchens are beneficial but not required. It is ideal if the candidate can identify itself with the culinary concept of Cal Reiet and sees this as a challenge.
– Good knowledge of nutrition
– Good knowledge in calculation, kitchen planning and inventory
– Appropriate goods purchase and use, correct goods storage
– Experience of preparing, designing and executing buffets
– Basic knowledge in the patisserie
– Help create, maintain, and monitor SOPs
– Good user knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Getaggt als: chef, healthy living, kitchen, plant based, vegetarian